Monday 26 March 2012

Cute Fruit



Happy Monday! I hope getting up this morning was easier for yourself than my struggle...

Fruit tarts. What can I say, they are one of my favourite desserts of all time! I started making it last year and they turned out alright... However there is definitely room for improvement! The image above was taken at Christmas! 

My glaze-less fruit tart!
BUT I still haven't found a really good glaze recipe! I've tried ones using jam & gelatin but they don't seem to work that well for me. I prefer a glaze that hardens into jelly after applying.

So if anyone has a good recipe for a fruit tart glaze, I would love to hear back from you! The only glaze that I know of that hardens comes in a 15 kg bucket, which is really not an ideal size for me...


Check out taste.com.au for an easy & basic shortcrust pastry recipe

Fruit tarts may seem hard to make but with practice, are really easy to assemble and look as good as they taste! Why not give it a go? I would love to hear how you went.

Have a great week!

No comments: